Sunday, December 15, 2013

Making a Chirlie Brown tree!

I decided to make a Charlie brown tree. So here goes.........I had some flowers on long stems so I decided to strip them of their flowers to use the stems. I know I would not use the long stems  with the flowers.
Stems are striped and here is a picture to go by.
                         
I had an old wreath that I was going to get rid off so I decided to take the pine ends off for my tree.
Here you can see I taped my stems together.
I have now started to tape on the pine ends to the tree.
 
The branches are all taped on and ready for the floral brown tape. Now if I was to do it again I would first tape every thing with the brown tape. But I did not have any at the time so I used green floral tape. I would of made it easier.
 
Now it is all tape with the brown floral tape and I wired a red Christmas bulb to the one limb.
 
Got to have a stand. So I found some scrap wood hubby had and made my stand.
 
There is my Charlie Brown tree.
 
I didn't have a blue little blanket to wrap around the tree, so I used  a scarf and I see someone has fallen asleep under the tree.
I see a little mouse has brought the little sleepy bear a candy cane!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


 


2 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I had no idea you made the tree too! I have one but I bought mine. I like yours so much better. Thanks for the tips on making one.

Linda said...

Thank you Joanne. I always wanted one and since I had all the stuff I decided to make my own. I just reused what I had on hand.